Medicare Supplement Plans
- Low out-of-pocket expenses (people who purchase Plan F rarely pay for any medical expenses).
- Visit any doctor or hospital that accepts original Medicare.
- Guaranteed Renewable. Your policy cannot be cancelled as long as you pay the monthly premium.
- More expensive than Medicare Advantage Plans on a monthly basis.
- May not be able to enroll if you have pre-existing health conditions and are not in a guaranteed issue period.
Medicare Advantage Plans
- Low Monthly Premium
- Only need to answer one health question (Do you have End Stage Renal Disease?)
- May offer additional benefits such as vision, dental, and hearing.
- Your doctors & hospitals may not accept the plan
- Can have high co-payments for medical services
- Funding cuts may increase premiums and decrease benefits in the future.